Friday, September 25, 2009

I've Seen Heaven and It Was In Your Eyes

I saw the light in your eyes. Was it in them or beyond them? Shining, sparkling. You smiled and sometimes you laughed. You held my hand, stroked my hair, held me tight and rocked me gently like you used to do when I was a baby.

You held mom's hand and will for eternity. You pulled Aaron close, held his hands and touched foreheads together. A transfer of love, of responsibility, of life.

I laughed, I smiled. I cried too, but mostly one look at your brilliance and I had to smile.

You were there, the place without pain, without nausea, without loss. You were there, bathing in joy. Your eyes showed me a glimpse of your new world. You were excited and ready, you wanted us to see that. To know where you were going.

I will miss you. I have been missing you. Guide me until I see you again.


*Katheryn

3 comments:

  1. what a gift Katheryn,
    love you,
    tarey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO very sorry for your loss, dear friend. I love you so much, and am always thinking and praying for you and your family...

    I love you.

    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katheryn,

    Thank you for your beautiful description of the love and true joy you could find in those moments. It's a gift to us to be able to visualize David excited and ready for his next adventure.

    It shares with us such a clear, clear picture of the special, loving connection you have with David, and that you and your family have created with each other that transcends every challenge.

    Thank you,

    Love,

    Martha

    ReplyDelete