Friday, September 11, 2009

Serenity

Aloha, thank you everyone! I feel your support.
David is composing himself internally, and is extremely sensitive to all vibes, sounds, music, people--so even visits from close friends or phone calls are not what he wants right now. He asked me to tell everyone we know he loves them now and always and not to take his quietness personally.

Feeling that someone needs him to do, or be, something makes him anxious. He asked me to do as much of the Hospice intake as possible without him - so Aaron, Katheryn, and I are keeping the house very peaceful and his space prayerful and gently supportive. He is most secure with Aaron when he is vomiting so Aaron stays close by even through the night with me.

I am still giving him IV with Zofran for nausea, and the pain seems controlled with morphine. When he is ready, we will reduce the hydration, now that Hospice is on board. We are grateful that Mike Brandt is here and helping in the background by cooking at Evey's house since David can't handle the smells.

Love to all, Shanna

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to all of you there. Please let David know we understand his quietness. Benny and I know he loves us.

    And I'm reassured to see that you feel our support thru all the distance.

    Though I'm sad that it's time for Hospice now, I'm glad to know he's leaving his body and pain behind to return home to the love and light of God.

    With love,
    Cheri & Benny in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers and we're sending love and light.

    Your friends,

    Martha & Berny

    ReplyDelete