Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

On Sunday, George, Shanna, Andrea, David, and I attempted a trip to the beach.  It was nice and sunny, but a constant blasting wind relentlessly battered us and kept us closer to the protection of the trees.  David enjoyed sitting under the trees in a nice shady spot with the ocean in the distance.

Since then, David has been to the beach and to the doctor's office, but for the most part, when he is home, he tries to stay very quiet and still.  His stomach continues to cause him a lot of trouble. Also, his eyesight is blurry sometimes.

Today, Mom and Aaron are getting dirty in the garden.  I (Katheryn) really enjoyed my first day teaching ESL classes.  I have 13 advanced students from 7 countries (Japan, Vietnam, China, Syria, Switzerland, Italy, and Korea), which makes for a really fun class.  They love the diversity as much as I do.
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brother David,
    It is so wonderful to see your pictures and feel your spirit! On one of the blog pages movie suggestions were sought. Michael just looked through his library of videos and here is a recommended list: Bringing Up Baby, My Favorite Year, Manhattan, Annie Hall, When Harry Met Sally, Arthur, Born Yesterday, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (musical), Singin in the Rain (musical), A New Leaf, The Money Pit, Auntie Mame, Tootsie, Multiplicity, My Cousin Vinnie, The Sting, Music Man (musical), Continental Divide, Ghost Busters, The Freshman, Some Like It Hot, Out of Towners (w/Jack Lemmon/Sandy Dennis), High Society (musical), Baby Boom, Big, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Splash, Harvey, Mrs. Doubtfire, Finian's Rainbow (musical), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, American Graffiti. Hope something tickles your fancies. Michael and I send lots of love to you and yours.
    Sister Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR Folks,

    THANK YOU for more pictures !!

    I LOVE the ones of David and George on the couch. And the hot tub pictures, too !

    I still think on of my favorites is David and his Speed Racer !

    And Katheryn, I love the image of you with your students from all over the world ! I'm sure you kept them smiling and laughing--along with the learning !

    LOVE to all!

    Your friends,

    Berny and Martha

    ReplyDelete